Dottie Ramsey LDC Scholarship
William Bryce Collins – College Attending – Mercer University – CLICK HERE to read Thank Letter
Joseph Putman Kemp – College Attending – Spartanburg Methodist College – CLICK HERE to read Thank Letter
Mary E Minton – College Attending – Lenoir-Rhyne University – CLICK HERE to read Thank Letter
DEADLINE: April 1
The Dottie Ramsey LDC Scholarship was established by the Leadership Development Council (LDC) of the Southern Wholesalers Association in 2015 to honor Dottie Ramsey. The fund may provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors or full-time college students who are dependent children of Southern Wholesalers Association members and associate members. The scholarship may provide two $1,000 nonrenewable awards for graduating high school students or students enrolled full-time in a post-secondary institution who will pursue/are pursuing full-time undergraduate degrees from accredited post-secondary institutions, vocational/technical schools, community colleges, or colleges/universities in pursuit of a certificate, diploma or degree. Preference for the scholarships will be to select one graduating high school senior and one college student each year. Scholarships will be applied to the cost of undergraduate tuition, fees, room and board, and other college expenses.
To receive consideration, applicants must:
- be dependent children of Southern Wholesalers Association members or associate members
- be graduating high school seniors or enrolled full-time in a post-secondary institution (Preference for the scholarships will be to select one graduating high school senior and one college student)
- have a minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 for high school seniors or college students
- demonstrate financial need, but not restricted to lower incomes (students’ financial need and merit will be equally weighted)
The online application is available on The Winston-Salem Foundation’s Web site at wsfoundation.org/students
The following items must be submitted to the Foundation:
- online application completed in full
- high school grade transcript through the first semester of 12th grade or most recent college transcript if applicable
- one recommendation as described in the online Student Aid application
- signed copy of student’s federal tax return from previous year
- signed copy of parents’ federal tax return from previous year
The application and all supplemental materials must be received by the deadline indicated above in order to receive consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
A Student Aid committee of The Winston-Salem Foundation will select recipients. The committee reserves the right to rescind an award should a recipient’s circumstances change, such as failure to graduate from high school or failure to enroll at an accredited institution. The Foundation reserves the right to withhold the award in the event that no applicants are deemed to meet the qualifications.
Once recipient(s) have been selected, checks will be issued jointly to the college and to the recipient, and will be mailed to the recipient’s home address for the student to deliver to the college’s financial aid office. Separate checks will be issued for fall and spring semesters. Check processing requires approximately two weeks.
MANAGEMENT OF FUND:
The Dottie Ramsey LDC Scholarship is administered by The Winston-Salem Foundation. As the fund grows, the number and dollar amount of scholarships may be increased. Contributions may be made to the fund at any time. Gifts should be clearly designated for the Dottie Ramsey LDC Scholarship and mailed directly to the Foundation at 751 West Fourth Street, Suite 200, Winston-Salem, NC 27101-2702. Questions regarding this scholarship may be directed to The Winston-Salem Foundation’s Student Aid Department at (336) 714-3445 or [email protected].
DOTTIE RAMSEY SCHOLARSHIP FUND
The Dottie Ramsey Scholarship Fund was established in 2014 to provide awards up to $1,000 each year to traditional age children (17-23) of current SWA members and Associate members alike who will pursue full-time undergraduate from accredited post-secondary institutions. Scholarships will be applied to the cost of undergraduate tuition, fees, on-campus room and board, books and other college expenses. Student must reapply for the scholarship each year and may receive consideration for a maximum of four consecutive years in the amount of $1,000 each year.
How to contribute online or by Credit Card?
- Go to www.wsfoundation.org
- Click on …Make a gift icon
- Click on “Named Funds”
- Type in the Search Field – “Dottie Ramsey LDC Scholarship Fund”
- Select “Dottie Ramsey Scholarship Fund”
How to contribute by check?
Checks may be made payable to “The Winston-Salem Foundation” (indicate fund name on memo line.) Mail to:
The Winston-Salem Foundation 751 West Fourth Street, Suite 200 Winston-Salem, NC 27101
*SWA-LDC cannot accept checks made to the Southern Wholesalers Association.