Who Is SWA?
The Southern Wholesalers Association is the largest of the regional associations affiliated with the American Supply Association. SWA’s membership includes more than 950 locations throughout the southern states of:
Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia Bahamas/Caribbean Islands
Since its establishment in 1928, SWA has been an influential factor in the dissemination of information and in developing industry benefiting programs and activities.
Through its sponsored programs and activities, SWA continuously exerts its best efforts toward the development of more efficient and economical distribution of the products of the industry and effective communication between wholesalers and suppliers to the industry.
None of the changes in the PHC, PVF, and water systems wholesaling industry are more evident than those in the manufacturer rep/wholesaler relationship. Never has it been more important for these industry partners to have a close and effective relationship.
Building strong, mutually profitable relationships between wholesalers and their suppliers has been SWA’s primary objective since its founding in 1928. SWA’s meetings, seminars, and Annual Convention are prime opportunities to become better acquainted with your industry peers, and to build stronger relationships with your business partners.
SWA’s Annual Convention provides you with an unparalleled opportunity to meet face to face with top level personnel from your suppliers. The location and program are structured to provide you with ample time to network with these key people both on a formal business to business level, and also, to communicate on a more informal and personal level.
Your first year as a member, you receive a complimentary delegate and spouse registration to the SWA Annual Convention, which saves you hundreds of dollars in fees, not to mention the savings you may realize from face to face communication with top level supplier personnel that you may not easily meet elsewhere.
It was important for our team to become SWA members as another way to show our support for the industry we love so much. Our strong bond and history with SWA ensures that our interests are met and our knowledge is shared with our peers. We hope many more companies will share in the same positive experiences.
Education & Training
SWA offers inexpensive, high quality training for a wide range of personnel levels including CEO/Top Management, Branch Management, Sales, Financial, Warehouse Personnel and more
- Industry Meetings & Conventions
- One Day Regional Workshops
- Two Day Profit Enhancement Seminars
- “Best Practices” Workshops and Discussions
- CEO/Branch Management Skills
- Inside/Outside & Counter Skills
- Warehouse/Inventory Management
- Financial Operations
- Evolving Technologies
- PHCP & PVF Product Knowledge
- Safety & Loss Prevention
- Business Valuation
- Plumbing Basics & Design
- Customer Service
- Driver/Forklift Safety & Compliance
- Showroom Design & Sales
- SWA Annual Benchmarking Report
- Cross Industry Compensation Survey
- ASA Annual Operating Performance Report
- Monthly Sales and Market Analysis
- Shipping and Freight Service Discount
- Discounted Credit Card Programs
- ASA IDB- Industry Database
- Background checks, Drug Testing and other HR Service Discounts
- Telecommunications Discounts including: Internet, Audio Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Tele-Seminars/Webinars
- EDI Solutions Network Service Discounts
- Auto Rental Discount Programs
Legislative Representation & Regulatory Compliance
- ASA PAC and Capitol Club
- ASA Regulatory Compliance Manual
- Fair Market Environment and Compliance Assistance through Advocacy and communication on key legislative and regulatory issues.
- ASA Sponsored Business and Health
- Insurance Programs: Behnke & Company
Publications & Periodicals
- SWA Quarterly Newsletter
- SWA Membership Directory
- ASA Membership Directory
- ASA Legislative Updates
- Supply House Times Magazine
- The Wholesaler Magazine
SWA membership includes automatic membership in the American Supply Association (ASA) at no extra cost. Your company will benefit from member discounts on the variety of educational, insurance, and discount programs that both these organizations offer and you will open new networking opportunities with other wholesalers and suppliers that are unavailable elsewhere.
Industry meetings offered throughout the year offer an exceptional opportunity for you to increase to your company’s profitability and build strong relationships with your industry peers and suppliers. Enjoy real savings from business to business communication with top level personnel of your suppliers.
- SWA Annual Convention & Conference Booth Program
- ASA Annual Convention
- SWA Profit Enhancement Institute
- SWA Regional Meetings